Favourite Genre: Fantasy


There's just something about fantasy books that always gets my heart pumping 10x faster than usual. Maybe its the adventure the characters are partaking on, or the suspense that keeps you on the edge of your seat, desperately needing more! It could be the setting, whether its set in an 'other world' or in our world. Or maybe its the escape these books give us. We have the ability to leave the world we know and travel into adventurous tales where dragons and giants live. We're able to battle with the characters as they fight in an intergalactic war, or ride with them as they escape a castle where they no longer belong.
Fantasy books give us the ability to imagine a new life for ourselves. I mean, obviously we won't be able to fly with dragons of ride on unicorns, but in each Fantasy novel, I find that there is always a hidden message behind all the adventure and battles.
Fantasy books are a representation of a different life, a new life. We, as the readers, are able to dive into these new lives and, in our heads, create our own version of that life for ourselves. Yes, we all might crave the need to have a dragon as a pet, but what we don't realise is that Fantasy novel's hidden messages always find a way to settle into our thoughts and have a great influence on us.
For me, Fantasy books have been with me since I can remember. Even though I hardly read as a child, I was always inspired by fantasy stories my father used to tell me and my brother, or when my sister used to tell me about all the books she was reading.
The first book I read and fell in love with was Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. This was a book that made me want to read more books, which is something I hadn't experienced before. I found this book exciting as it has my heart racing 'til the finish line! I fell in love with the characters and the idea of this secret world inside our world. It set my imagination free. I regularly found myself secretly imagining a Shadowhunter hiding behind trees, or chasing after an enemy.
Since reading this book, I have read many other Fantasy novels and loved nearly every one of them. They all refresh my imagination after reading the book and give me a sense of hope that -- even though those things will never possibly happen to me -- I might one day live where they live, have friends like they do, live an exciting life like they do... and maybe even fall in love the way they do.
Yes, there are other books that also give me this same hope, but when these messages are portrayed in a different world to ours, it just somehow makes the messages so much more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com