'The Little Prince' by Antoine De Saint-Exupery (Review #5)


Rating: 4.5 Stars

"When you look up at the sky at night, I shall be living on one of them and laughing on one of them, for you it will be as if all the stars were laughing. You and you only will have stars that can laugh!"

The Little Prince is probably one of my favourite reads from this year! 
It is a truly beautiful novel filled with so many chests of hidden treasure that really get you thinking about so many aspects of your life!

I can't go into too much detail of what this novel is about because I don't want to risk spoiling it, but I can tell you that it involves a plane crash in the middle of the desert, a little prince who loves a flower, and many different types of 'grown-ups.'

This novel is said to be a children's book, but I strongly believe it is also a book that can be read and enjoyed by adults as well! There are hidden messages and secrets scattered all throughout this novel, some are ones that only adults would be able to understand. 

"Grown-ups are certainly absolutely extraordinary."

A majority of the novel includes the little prince travelling from planet to planet, encountering different types of 'grown-ups,' before finally making his way to Earth.
These grown-ups that the little prince meets are all very familiar to you as you're reading about their different personalities. You start to realise that you know people like this in real life. This (for me) was quite confronting and made me really think about what kind of 'grown-up' I am growing up to become. 

There were many parts of this novel that I could relate to which made reading it even more enjoyable! I would occasionally get a bit confused about what was happening, but it wasn't very often and it didn't last for very long before things were explained clearly.

There wasn't a section of this novel that I can call my favourite! I loved every part of this beautiful story! 
This novel is a piece of treasure itself, a rare gem that both children and adults can enjoy!
I HIGHLY recommend this book to EVERYONE! There is no one in this world that this book wouldn't suit! I think that everyone would be able to read this and get their own personal message out of it!

P. S. That fox was probably my favourite animal character that I've ever read about! It even tops dragons!
(Actually, no, thats a lie. Nothing could ever top dragons!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com