Books I Started But Never Finished

This year has been a bit hectic for me, especially with this being my last year at school, so that means I haven't had as much time to read as I have hoped.
Over the past few months I have fallen into many reading slumps. There have been numerous weeks where I haven't read anything at all. During some of the months this year I have started many books, but because of my lack of enthusiasm for reading that I have experienced, I have never finished any of these books. Whenever I have felt like reading again, I would not have the energy to keep reading books I have started and then read a different book instead.
Over time I have accumulated a 'started but never finished' list of 20 books.
Now that I have a break from school for two weeks and a not-so-hectic term ahead of me, I am making my goal for this month to read every one of these books. Some of them I have read half of, others I have only read the first couple of chapters, but I am still determined to finish every one of these books and also read the books that I had hoped to read this month in addition to these 20.
This is the most ambitious reading goal I've made for myself for a month, but now that I don't have so much going on in July and my last day of school is approaching quickly, I am starting to think that this goal is accomplishable (but at the same time I'm thinking that it is completely un-accomplishable!).

The books featuring in the photo are all the books on my 'started but never finished' list. I have made sure to put them next to my bed so that I can be reminded constantly that I need this list to shrink drastically before it grows bigger.

These books are:

  • 'The Lost Files: Hidden Enemy (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #7-9)' by Pittacus Lore
  • 'Unnatural Creatures' by Neil Gaiman
  • 'Jessica' by Bryce Courtenay
  • 'The Time Traveller's Wife' by Audrey Niffenegger
  • 'Attachments' by Rainbow Rowell
  • 'Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)' by Sarah J. Maas
  • 'Popular' by Maya Van Wagenen
  • 'The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)' by Rick Yancey
  • 'The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings, #1)' by J. R. R. Tolkien
  • 'The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Curse, #1)' by Marie Rutkoski
  • 'All the Bright Places' by Jennifer Niven 
  • 'Through the Looking Glass (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #2)' by Lewis Carroll 
  • 'Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2)' by Laini Taylor
  • 'Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)' by Maggie Stiefvater
  • 'Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe' by Benjamin Alire Saenz
  • 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen
  • 'A Treasury of Kate Greenaway'
  • (not pictured) 'A Christmas Carol' by Charles Dickens
  • (not pictures) 'Flipped' by Wendelin Van Draanen
  • (not pictured) 'Ready Player One' by Ernest Cline

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com